Thursday, February 11, 2016

"Operation: Got Your 6" (with the penguins of Madagascar) Pt. 9

This is the home stretch. Notice I left the faces off of the 3 penguins at the top of this post. I probably told myself that I'd go back and add them later when I finished -- lie! I'm sure I was sprinting to the finish line at this point. 

Note, return of the candy corn brush.

This was an unusually long series of posts. Normally, I post sequences from movies which tend to be shorter. This however, was an entire script for a 5 minute short subject. As I said in the first post this does not represent the final version. After handing this off to the director changes and rewrites were made. I believe the director, Steve Hickner, executed many of the changes himself from this point.









































5 comments:

  1. WOW is the only word, thanks for sharing great stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Toby,

    My name's Gabby and I met with you for a little while at CalArts Portfolio Day yesterday.

    I just wanted to say thank you so much again for your help, and that I'm really excited to apply the advice that you gave me! I've been looking at the story sketches on your blog as you suggested, and I feel like I have a better idea of how to approach story already.

    Thank you for taking the time to meet with me, and I wish you the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so grateful that I got to meet you on portfolio day Toby. And thank you for your amazing feedback!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Toby,
    I am so happy that I have come across your work, I have been studying it for the past month. I am attracted to the liveliness and looseness of the boards.
    I am a student at the Animation Guild in Burbank and am doing freelance story boarding on the side.
    I have learned so much from your boards, but have many questions to ask you. Is there any way I can contact you? My email address is ciaraberlin4@gmail.com
    Also here is a link to my blogspot:
    http://ciaraberlin.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete